Sunday 8 March 2015

There's something about mornings...

Right, the time has come for me to jump back into the driving seat which is my blog!

I'm sorry I've been so absent for so long. The truth is I am a third year student soon to leave uni and I have assignments coming out of my ears! But also, even though I experience random moments of inspiration I haven't thought to write them down - well that's going to change!

Because, it's nearly Spring! it's International Women's day today! I've had my coffee and I'm feeling good! empowered and motivated! I just need to make sure I keep this up for the next few weeks - deadlines are looming, but not long to go now!

If you'd like to hear about how I try and cope with third year life, please feel free to view my latest post on the Eventbrite website, where I offer my insight into studying Events Management as a degree and share any tips at: http://blog.eventbrite.co.uk/event-management-course-feb/

However, in this post I want to share with you a thought I had recently in regards to mornings...

Now let me confirm - I do not consider myself to be a morning person at all! the reasons for this are:
  • I love sleep
  • ... and snuggling under the fabric marsh mellow which is my duvet!
  • ....not keen on waking up when it's dark (winter times) it seems wrong!
  • ... the groggy feeling you get behind your eyes
  • ... putting off brushing the birds nest which is your hair
  • and I just love sleep!
However, I have realised that there are a few things about mornings I do like:

  • The smell of coffee and pastries - for some reason these smell seems stronger in the morning when you're stumbling to the station  .. or is this just me??
  • ...the brightness of the (often grey) sky in London...
  • ... the air is fresh and crisp to breath...
  • ... it's usually quieter - markets are being set up and the shops aren't open.
  • ... the singing of birds.. (the cute kind...no offense pigeons)
But there something else about mornings..

When you first wake up - I feel people are most themselves. Faces are makeup less - there is no façade. It's in that second after dreaming which transforms into consciousness when people are most vulnerable. There is a gentleness about mornings - a non-pretence. There you stand at the platform waiting to board the train - where are all these people going? who are they? and what did they have for breakfast?!

Either way, the stillness; the fresh and coffee scented airs represent the beginning of a new day for me. Who knows what the day will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment