Tuesday 27 May 2014

Let's start a pussy riot!


So, I decided to create my own expressive piece in response to the New Venus event I attended in Brixton.

My piece looks at the negative labels people put on women in society, of which include adjectives such as; weak, manipulative and dumb. (far right face)

These negative labels trigger our insecurities – they are a blanket of words blinding us from light: the goodness and positivity we all have.

I have juxtaposed these negative labels however, with the positive attributes women have – independence, courage, beauty. (far left face)

Once you find the strength to rip away the whispers and the preconceptions there is only one truth which remains.

To anyone who has ever felt not good enough, not worth someone’s time, and is left wondering.. have I done something wrong? What am I doing?!

The labels mean nothing because you are UNIQUE.
It’s about someone taking the time to get to know you. Not the labels, not the whispers. YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment