Friday 28 February 2014

This little city we call London


I didn’t know what to write for my first blog post. So, I thought I’d set the scene for what’s to come and share a moment with you all.

I was born and raised in South East London, until I moved to the countryside in Kent when I was 13. Even though the countryside offers peace and quiet, and the air you breathe in is fresh and pollution free! I always knew I would end up back in London. And I did.
Truthfully, I missed the noise, the transport which is regular and fast (unlike the hourly Stagecoach bus that comes along) and the constant buzz of energy you feel walking down busy streets at any time in the day. Of course, no city is perfect; London definitely has its flaws. The main one being how expensive it is to live in! And the fact that we now have to pay tuition fees of £9,000 a year (thanks Cameron). However, in spite of these, London will always be a part of me. (cheesy but true)

Yesterday, I set off to work at London Bridge. My mind was foggy with current stress factors as I rushed out of the underground station. But as soon as started walking over the bridge my mind found clarity.

Despite all the worries I have, the fear and stress that’s affecting me, all I could think was,

Sometimes this view is all you need’.
 

I stopped walking and instead stood and looked out over the Thames. It was one of those moments we all strive to have regularly. When we know what we want, who we are and where we want to be. For me, I thrive on reassurance.  Yesterday, London gave that to me. It gave me hope that I’m doing ok.

Soundtrack of the moment:  Moby – Natural Blues

 

No comments:

Post a Comment